Wednesday, August 9, 2017

WIP Wednesday - Make All The Things

Cheryl at Meadow Mist Designs is hosting another mystery QAL -- Magnolia Mystery Quilt.  There's still time to join in if you're interested -- July was fabric selection, and August is cutting.  I found all the fabrics in my stash:


The cutting instructions are easy, so I managed to get it all done early in the month.  Now to wait for September's instructions -- let the sewing begin!


There is no shortage of WIP's in my sewing room, but yet I keep starting new projects.  Next up is a skirt QAL with Rae @ Made By Rae.  The Cleo skirt QAL started today and will continue for the next five days.  I found this pink crinkly fabric in my stash.


I had a coupon for my LQS, so picked up some of this African cotton print.  I think I'll use this fabric for my first attempt and then try the pink fabric.



Linking up with:

Let's Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts
WIP Wednesday @ The Needle and Thread Network
Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter



18 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your fabric choices for the mystery quilt. I have my fabric, but I haven't cut it yet. That's on my to do list for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your choices for the Meadow Mystery quilt and am quite excited to see what fun Cheryl has in store for us this year. I hope both your skirts turn out well. I haven't braved garment sewing quite yet myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun to be had! Looking forward to following your progress! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours you picked for the mystery are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your mystery quilt fabrics. Have fun sewing your skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fabric selections for the new quilt along. And it is so great to see you taking on some more "selfish sewing". Looking forward to seeing your new skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your choices for the mystery quilt are awesome! The quilt is going to look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty fabrics, I love the blues with the orange for the mystery quilt and I really like the African cotton, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great fabric choices for the mystery. I'm sure the skirt will turn out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All that colour just brightened my day. Beautiful choices.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much fun to be had! Looking forward to following your progress! 😊


    หีฟิต

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your fabric choices for the Mystery QAL. And I cannot wait to see the skirt you make - and I look forward to reading your thoughts on the pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would never find enough fabric for a skirt in my stash. I seem to mostly buy 30 cm or 50 cm cuts, and that would only make a micro-mini! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your fabric pull for the Magnolia Mystery quilt - it will be fun to see your progress on this. Of course, the pink is pretty too - keep sharing progress on both at Midweek Makers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm looking forward to this years mystery quilt! I bought a meter of silk and realised not enough for anything but an art quilt. Definitely don't have enough of anything for a clothes item unless Kona white!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What wonderful eye candy! The fabrics for the Meadow Mystery are simply luscious. And the skirt along! What a wonderful idea. Thanks you for linking up to Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You found ORANGE in your stash??? Now, that is a surprise :-p Enjoy the Mystery Quilt Along. I am too much of a control freak to participate in a Mystery Quilt. What if I don't like the final product???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.