Thursday, October 19, 2017

TGIFF - Little Geranium Dress

Welcome to Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday being hosted here in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.  TGIFF is a great chance to showcase your finishes from this week and to see what other great projects have been created.



My new one-month old niece is tiny and doesn't have any cute clothes because everyone bought larger sizes.  So I thought I'd try making a dress.  The Little Geranium Dress is a free pattern by Made by Rae.  I got stumped after I got to this point.  But once Jenn @ A Quarter Inch From the Edge showed me what to do, it all made sense.


And voilà...a finished dress.


It's hard to photograph a dress without a model, so I have a book inside it holding it up.  I can't imagine what she would need pockets for at this young age, but they are so cute.


Here's the back view.  I need to match the thread better next time.


Adorable heart snaps courtesy of Jenn @ A Quarter Inch From the Edge.



Now it's time for you to link up your finishes.  Link up your blog post showing off your finished project using the linkup below.  Don't forget to visit a few blogs to spread some quilty love and encouragement.  Please include a link and/or the TGIFF button in your blog post so your followers can also view all the great finishes.







If you have a finish this week, consider also linking up with:


Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hand Quilts 
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation 


19 comments:

  1. The dress is super cute Anja!! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute, sweet dress! I hope it fits your niece well; I'm sure she's going to be adorable in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet as can be! Fantastic job on her little dress! The snap details are nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, your niece will be the smartest little girl in town :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! She will look great in it!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful dress!! I love the hearts on the buttons!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Anja! That is so cute. The bright pink with the little flowers are perfect! You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dress is absolutely adorable--congratulations! And I wouldn't worry about the thread color... no one is going to notice that once it's on an adorable baby!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anja I really don't need to take on any more projects right now, but that dress is adorable and I'm sure my granddaughter needs one.. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorable. I'm glad you pushed ahead with the directions and completed the dress because it really is too cute. I hope that someone takes a photo of her wearing the dress. The pockets are fun, but yeah, just for decoration. Give her a few months and who knows what would go into pockets!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful little dress. Would love to see a picture of your niece wearing it. Think the pockets may come in handy for her soother.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an adorable dress. Makes me wish I had a niece or two (the family is all boys at the moment). Katie@hobbiesuptohere.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh the little dress is adorable. Your niece will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't have a link up and it was your turn Anja ! And I have a finish I could have used ! I love your nieces little dress . Of course her pockets are for her iPhone and her car keys

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.