Wednesday, May 27, 2015

WIP Wednesday - Intergalactic

Saturday was Sew In!!  Maritime Modern Quilt Guild hosts the best Sew Ins.  Plenty of sewing, plenty of socializing, and so much FUN.

I decided to take advantage of the dedicated time and get caught up on my Gravity Quilt Along blocks.  I joined the QAL at Blocks 2 and 3, so had to go back and complete Block 1.  Piecing of Block 4 Intergalactic was easy.

Kona:  Berry, Geranium, Gumdrop, Cerise, Hibiscus, and Bordeaux

 So many wonderful Kona colours to cross off my list!

Kona:  Zucchini, Cactus, Wasabi, Lime, Peapod, and Chartruese

My blocks decided to play with the blocks @ Purple Boots and Pigtails.  Val is doing the QAL as well.  You should stop by to see how her blocks are progressing.

Play time.

And then Block 5 felt lonely and wanted to play as well.


I'm anxious to get all these blocks pieced together.  They are going to be so awesome together.

Block 1 - Horizon
Block 2 - Constellation
Block 3 - Orbit

Linking up with:

Let's Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts

WIP Wednesday @ Freshly Pieced


I encourage you to visit so you can see what everyone has been up to this week.

Sew Fresh Quilts


*Don't forget to come back on Friday -- I'm hosting TGIFF.

11 comments:

  1. Wow! Very dynamic! Beautiful use of color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, love the look of this! The colours and the brightness and the pattern. Looking good!

    (here from WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time at Sew In, Anja. Those blocks look awesome together! And a perfect use of those gorgeous Kona colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun photos of allove the blocks together.... 2 to go!
    Can't wait to see this thing done!
    Now... to get something finished & blogged about in time for your link up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spell check is weird today...allove? Really?
    Those damn Gremlins , at it again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good. But I may have to stop reading these posts before I am completely sucked into this QAL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look so pretty all laid out like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those blocks - such a great pattern and I love the plum colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look really good together. Love the names too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They really do look awesome together Anja! I Love that you are trying to use all the Kona Colors - how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so exciting to see the blocks coming together! I'm thinking there will be a few quilters who wish they had participated when they see our finished parade of Gravity quilts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.