I had trouble cutting the pieces and marking all the sewing guides. Do you mark on the right side of the fabric? Or the wrong side? I think I marked everything correctly.
As I began to sew, I realized that perhaps I didn't make the best choice of fabric. Oh well, too late to turn back now. The darts seemed easy enough to sew; however, they don't lie flat. Quite unfortunate since they are right at the bust.
I had trouble with the shirring at the back. I've used elastic thread in the Isla Top, but I suspect it didn't like this fabric, even though I increased my stitch length. But I got the pleats right!
I marked the lines for the keyhole neck, but decided not to in the end. But sadly, the disappearing blue pen I used didn't disappear. And then I got lipstick on the neck line when I tried it on. Sigh....and then realized the dress was too snug in the bust. So at this point, it was hard to continue knowing that I'll never wear this dress.
I choose to top stitch the front and back facings. Too obvious with this fabric. When I got to the armholes, I didn't have it in me to make bias binding, so I skipped that and just folded over the edge. None of the seams are finished inside, so what's one more. LOL
Here's me holding my breath, hoping I don't pop any seams. I'd like to make this dress again with a different fabric. But I need to wait a long time so I can forgot all about today's troubles.
This is one of my Finish Along 2017 Q3 goals.
If you have a finish this week, consider linking up with: