It's day one of vacation, and I've got two projects completed...and there are still more hours left in the day.
First up is my Michael Miller challenge hosted by The Modern Quilt Guild. The first project went by the wayside as I realized I had cut some of the templates the wrong way. Since we were only given a fat eighth of each of the six fabrics, I couldn't afford to waste any. And I didn't enjoy cutting the templates. I thought it would be a good challenge to try a new technique -- but if it's stressful and causing headache, it's not worth it. So I changed direction. The finished project is not what I had envisioned, but I am happy with it nonetheless. Once I make a sleeve, it will hang in my sewing room.
And yes, that's FMQ in a star motif, although some of the stars are a bit wonky.
Then I decided to give the Aurifil 50wt thread another try on my commissioned baby quilt. I tried a few needles sizes and upped the tension on my machine. My poor Singer didn't know what was going on -- it's never had the tension that high before. All in all, it was a success, although I am not happy with the large holes in the quilting. Although the tension problem was fixed, the thread continued to break on a regular basis, both while FMQ and using the walking foot. I'll keep trying until the spool is done, but I think I'll stick with my trusted Gutermann thread.
Now it's time to sit back and read a book. Wonder how supper can magically appear and the housework magically get done....