I finished the second baby quilt -- the other half of the original plus quilt (see here on how one quilt became two). Once the label is sewn on, it will be delivered.
I discovered the Aurifil thread works great on my machine -- but I had to use a 70/10 needle and double the usual tension. The thread did not break using this size needle, except when I first started quilting and that might have been because I was going a tad too fast. I am pleased with the results. I would like to try to 40wt but can't seem to find it around here.
I also made two pillow using Jaybird Quilts Candy Dish pattern.
As you can see, today's photos were taken in the middle of the peony bushes. It was a bit of a gray day, but I think I managed to capture the colours quite well.
Today, I whipped up a Jawbreaker pillow from Jaybird Quilts.
And finally...a new ironing board cover. I fit the new one (including a piece of batting) right over the old one. I went bright and cheery. And although I steered away from my favourite orange, there is orange in the print -- I couldn't resist.
It's not easy getting a good photo of an ironing board, but you can see that it's bright.
It's Friday...so I'm linking up with Quokka Quilts.