Sunday, February 25, 2018

Project Quilting 9.4 - Mellow Yellow

The fourth theme of Project Quilting hosted by Kim @ Persimon Dreams was a little difficult -- Mellow Yellow.



It took me a few days, but I came up with a great idea -- use the logo from the Mello Yello soda:



Unfortunately, that required a lot of work, and this darn cold/flu keeps hanging on, and I wasn't able to make this happen.

But I did want to say I participated in all the Project Quilting challenges, so I whipped up a quick zippered pouch.  The Open Wide Zippered Pouch tutorial by Noodlehead is my go-to pattern.

In the past, I made a zippered pouch out of waterproof PUL (without the interfacing) to take to Girl Guide camp with me in an attempt to keep things dry.  So I decided to make another one using these cute yellow ducks.  You can't help but smile.


And adorable butterflies on the inside.


So although my project is not quite on point, there is yellow on both the exterior and interior.





8 comments:

  1. Oh cuteness! I love that pouch, the ducklings are wonderful and the orange zipper is perfect. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ducks are adorable! Love the pouch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, one cannot help but smile with the ducky cuteness overload.
    The logo was a great idea. It is a real shame that illness thwarted your clever plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that pouch pattern, but I have difficulty keeping the zipper pulled away in the same spots on both sides. This is awfully cute. I want to make a bag and use that PUL as the lining. Think it will work?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's very cute! I have a cold from over-exhaustion following QuiltCon, and right now I find it admirable you sewed at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable! I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you were under the weather and hope you're feeling better. Great ducks! One of my favorite patterns (as you know!).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.