Wednesday, July 1, 2020

WIP Wednesday - 2020 Temperature Quilt

Lots of orange and red are appearing in my 2020 Temperature Quilt.  🌞  This is January 1 to June 30.

The top half of the HST represents the highest temperature of the day, and the bottom half is the lowest temperature.  Using my Accuquilt Go to cut the triangles speeds up the process, and there's no trimming of the 2.5-inch HSTs.


January 17 and 18 made an interesting pattern.  Both days used the same Kona colours but in reverse.  Kona Natural is used for the filler blocks.


So far, there have only been three days when the highest and lowest temperatures were in the same 3 degree range, which meant the same colour for both the top and bottom of the HST.

March


April


June



Linking up with:

Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter


10 comments:

  1. I love the vertical effect of the quilt, color going left to right, instead of top to bottom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you actually pieced the HSTs for the days where the high and low fell in the same temperature band!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the patterns some of the odd occurrences cause. Fun to see this progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks good so far, Anja! Like Yvonne said, I like that you still pieced the HSTs where the temperature was in the same range. I think it would have been noticeable if there was a solid square in some places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very "cool" idea! I love it! It's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely, I haven’t seen a quilt on this theme before and it’s great. After just finishing a HST top I do like the idea of not having to trim the blocks, good investment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So the goal is to make a block a day? I have a friend who did this w/crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colors! Look at all those hot colors coming in. It'll be interesting later in the year when the temps get cool again. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Help! I’m trying to figure out your layout. Two columns per month, starting top left, beige at bottom as filler? I’m planning a temperature quilted and trying to understand different layouts. How big are your squares?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.