Monday, April 26, 2021

2021 Monthly Color Challenge - April Block

April has been a busy month as I have been dealing with a basement flood. Sadly, sewing has taken a back seat to dealing with insurance and workmen.

But I finally got into my sewing room!  I continue to sew along for the 2021 Monthly Color Challenge hosted by Jen @ Patterns by Jen.  I am making 12.5-inch blocks, but there is an option for 6.5-inch blocks.

The April colour is red.  I used Kona Rich Red and Canada Red.  I sewed two strips together.


And then I joined all the strips together.  I always press seams open when making a strip set.  I find I get better accuracy when cutting into sections.

Now I have perfect sections to piece together.


Add in a few little squares for a fun centre.







2 comments:

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.