Wednesday, June 15, 2016

The Adventure of Glamp Stitchalot

Earlier this month, I went on a quilting adventure with Jenn @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge, Julia @ Jada's Quilting Adventure, and Dena @ No Frickin' Blog Yet.  At the end of February, we discovered Glamp Stitchalot, being held in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and the in span of less than 24 hours, we purchased event tickets, purchased flights, and booked hotel rooms.

It took a few days to come to terms with what we had done.  With the low Canadian dollar, it proved to be an expensive weekend, but we were excited about the teachers for the weekend:  Monica Solorio-Snow, Penny Layman, Rashida Coleman-Hale, Elizabeth Hartman, Violet Craft, and Carolyn Friedlander.  Who could resist???

We headed out on a Thursday, leaving home at 3:00 a.m. for a 5:30 a.m. flight.  Unfortunately, we were delayed in Toronto for 2.5 hours.  Thanks for cutting into our shopping time Air Canada.  So instead of going straight to the hotel, we had the driver take us to Pink Castle Fabrics, the host for Glamp Stitchalot.

First fabric purchase...modest half-yard cuts, with one yard of the wonderful orange.



We received a wonderful swag bag...an orange bag!!  Goodies included two charm packs, a spool of Aurifil thread, a magazine, and an event crest.



There was an optional pouch swap.  I received this awesome orange pouch from Elaine @ Messy Goat.  She also included a tiny pouch.  This was a great orange weekend for me.



There was a pop-up shop on site, so a visit was in order.  Some more half-yard cuts and a mini charm pack.



Sadly because of the flight delay, a busy class schedule, and a Sunday flight that left before the malls opened, we didn't have a chance to sightsee, go shopping, or visit the Girl Scout shop.  Perhaps another Glamp Stitchalot adventure is in our future.......hmmmm........

Stay tuned for details about the blocks I made during the classes.  Head over to see what Jenn and Julia had to say about the weekend.




13 comments:

  1. I was thinking I would see some orange in your stash additions, and I love that your bag partner made you such a lovely orange bag, too! It sounds like you all made the best of the 2.5 hour delay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many fun additions to your stash! And I love the orange pouch, it's very you. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fabrics you picked up are fabulous! I am going to add them to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orange is you! What a very fun weekend. Friends, fabric and stitching! Can't wait to see even more of your fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fabric bugs. You probably know how Green with envy I am just looking at the beautiful orange fabric, swag bag and pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was such an incredible weekend! I want to go back in November! Love the fabrics you purchased. And love that quiltin' with my peeps image! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An orange weekend, what a treat. Love your newest stash additions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a fellow lover of orange, I'm green with envy over your new stash additions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like it was a great weekend! I love the bag your partner made for you, and all your stash additions are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you were able to make this adventure happen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a time! I love all your new purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a time! I love all your new purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the quiltin' with my peeps pic too! If only we wouldn't have been stuck in Toronto for that 2.5 hours, we could have done, or at least seen, a little more in/of Ann Arbour. Next time?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.