Do you get sidetracked by unplanned projects? You know you do. 😊
Then this linky party is for you, hosted by Sandra @ Musings of Menopausal Melon.
Earlier this month, I stumbled upon an Instragram QAL for Clover and Violet's Flora Supply Case. It started out simple enough -- patchwork exterior and inside pockets.
Sewing the interior and exterior together was easy. But then I had difficulty sewing on the zipper and the bias tape (was too lazy to make bias binding).
I did not do a great job, but I managed to get the binding on...now ready for hand stitching.
My hand stitching skills need improvement, but it's finished.
It's a nice enough case, but I find it too stiff, and it's difficult to zip up, especially around the corners. Not sure that I would make it again.
Here's a view of the exterior.
I'm glad I tried something new, but disappointed that I wasted time on something that I'm not happy with, especially when I could have been working on other projects.