Thursday, August 24, 2017

TGIFF - Cleo Skirt Finish

Welcome to Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday, once again being hosted here on the East Coast of Canada.



Rae @ Made by Rae hosted a Cleo Skirt QAL earlier this month.  Unfortunately, I got sidetracked with life and didn't finish during the QAL.  Here is the fabric I started with.


I made a little mistake along the way -- accidentally sewed the waistband right side to the wrong side of the skirt.  Oops.


This is a simple pattern with lots of good directions.  There is elastic in the back of the waistband, but not the front.  It has two side pockets.


And voila...a finished skirt.


Here are a couple of photos of me wearing the skirt.





Now it's time for you to link up your finishes.  Link up your blog post showing off your finished project using the linkup below.  Don't forget to visit a few blogs to spread some quilty love and encouragement.  Please include a link and/or the TGIFF button in your blog post so your followers can also view all the great finishes.




Also consider linking up your finish with:

Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hand Quilts 
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation 

19 comments:

  1. Love the fabric you've chosen for the skirt and yay for a fab-u-lous finish. Looking forward to seeing those pics of you wearing it. Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your skirt looks gorgeous Anja! How easy was it? I've been thinking about making that skirt for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely job on the skirt and I love the fabric! Thanks for hosting this TFIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really feel like the fabric for the skirt is so great for you. Congratulations on getting it complete! I hope it fits well and you get lots of great use out of it; like I said, I can really envision it being such a great fit for you (such Anja colors)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely skirt, I like that it has elastic at the back but not the front. Great fabric, bold pattern and orange, your favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice of fabric. The skirt looks lovely! Thank You for hosting today!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great Anja. I hope you get lots of wear out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your skirt is lovely! I'm excited to see how it looks on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You will look more awesome!!!! Love the colours and the design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at you all sassy and beautiful in your beloved orange! Great job on the skirt, Anja! I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks great, Anja. I don't like fully elasticated waistbands, but a bit of elastic at the back like this is just right - it helps ensure a perfect fit but still looks smart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute Anja! I didn't know you are hosting a linky party! I'm linked up! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The skirt looks great on you, and the top is perfect with it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun fabric! It looks great on you with that top. Good color for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your fabric , love your skirt . I can myself wearing this too

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the fabric you chose for this! And funnily enough, a friend sent me the link to the pattern for the Cleo, suggesting that it looks like the kind of skirt I'd wear. Does the pattern give you options for length as well as the pockets and contrast bit?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.