I love the three prints from this kit; however, I did not like the pattern. This is the smallest size. You can see the bottom is saggy. The lining fabric was shorter than the exterior fabric. The fusible interfacing was ironed to the lining fabric, not the exterior as the norm. Again that meant the exterior was saggy. But I suspect the reason for that is the inside pockets (see below for photo).
The zipper ends are quite sloppy and unattractive. I had prepped all the pieces for all three sizes in an assembly line fashion. Rather than taking apart what was sewn, I cut off fabric from the exterior so it matched the length of the lining. But that meant losing a lot of the great paisley print on the bottom.
Here are the inside pockets. I like the concept of pockets, but not a necessity in my mind.
As I was finishing pouch #3, I realized what the problem was. When sewing the three prints to form the exterior, I should have used a 1/2-inch seam. If the pattern had indicated what the finished size of the panel was supposed to be, I would have realized before it had become a problem.
Here are the three sizes.
The skeleton pouch pattern uses zipper tabs, and I really like that. That will be my new go-to pattern, along with Open Wide Zippered Pouch by Noodlehead.
If you have a finish this week, share it with everyone:
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation