Wednesday, January 10, 2018

WIP Wednesday - Quilt Alongs and Finish Along 2018

Squirrel!!!  Sandra @ Musings of Menopausal Melon and Tish @ Tish's Adventure in Wonderland are sewing the blocks for the Sewcial Bee Sampler.  And of course, I had to join the party. 

As much as I didn't want to buy fabric for these blocks, I couldn't find anything in my stash that I liked, so I went shopping. And found Fairy Frost by Michael Miller.  How have I not seen this wonderful fabric before???  It's awesome.  Sandra, Tish, Dave (he crashed the party), and I sewed together last Saturday night, chatting and sharing photos in iMessage.  We hope to sew together again this week.

Blocks 1 to 4 (12.5 inches)


I'm also going to play along with the Classic Meets Modern BOM hosted by Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation.  My LQS didn't have the Kona colours I wanted, so I ordered them online.  Patiently awaiting for them to arrive.  I'm going to use:  White, Steel, Royal, Turquoise, Berry, Pool, and Parrot -- the same colours used by Kelly.

Photo taken from My Quilt Infatuation

Finish Along 2018 Q1 Goals

I've chosen five projects for the first quarter of FAL 2018.

Wayward Transparency
- I think I finally know how I'm going to quilt this, but it's going to be tricky as I need to do it on my domestic Singer.  So much fabric, small machine...my arms will definitely get a workout.

68 x 68 inches

Beluga Wall Hanging - I have a quilting plan -- just need to buckle down and get it done.

16.5 x 16.5 inches

Digital Wave - This pattern is by Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl.  I have all the fabric cut.



QCR Mini Runner - This is a kit a bought well over a year ago because I wanted to try this curve ruler.  Some fabric cutting is done.



Craftsy Class - Zippered Bags with a Twist - This class by Joan Hawley features her two patterns Sweetpea Pods and Becca Bags, using a one-zip way technique for the zippers.  I need to pull some fabric and zippers.


Linking up with:

Let's Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts
WIP Wednesday @ The Needle and Thread Network
Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter



13 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm excited that you have a plan for quilting your Wayward Transparency quilt. Lots of beautiful projects here. It will be fun to see you make progress on all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So tempted to do the sew along...such an awesome quilt....but I am resolved to stay focused on finishing and not start anything new....you have a great bunch of ongoing projects!!! Thanks for linking up for the last Let’s S.E.W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects. Good luck getting them done, you can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely projects for 2018! You're going to have so much fun sewing those up! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your arms will get a workout on Wayward Transparency, but I am sure it will be worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project goals! I can't wait to see your progress. I hate having a quilt top sit around my sewing space when I don't know how to quilt it. I can't wait to see all the finishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful sew-along with friends! Lovely projects can't wait to see them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Wayward Transparency is a stunner, and I love the Digital Wave pattern, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My, you're plate is loaded! Can't wait to see all the quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some great projects here, that mini runner looks very interesting! Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That’s a great list Anja! Can’t wait to see your Wayward quilt all done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lot of awesome you have planned! Good luck with all the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such lovely projects! How is it going? I look forward to seeing your finishes at the end of the quarter. On behalf of the 2018 global FAL hosts, thank you for participating in the FAL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.