Friday, May 18, 2018

TGIFF - Hands2Help Quilt Along

For the past few years, I have participated in a charity quilt drive.  Hands2Help is hosted by Sarah @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  This is the eighth year Sarah has coordinated this project.


Confessions Of A Fabric Addict

I didn't have a pattern in mind or any fabric pulled.  And then before you knew it, time was almost up.  So I scrambled to find a quick and easy pattern and discovered Strip Tango by Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation.  You can find the tutorial here.

I had a bunch of fat quarters that I thought would look good together.  It doesn't look as I had envisioned, but I think it's okay.


A quick all-over stipple in grey thread for a quick finish.


The size wasn't large enough for the charity's requirements, so I added two orange horizontal sashing strips.


I would definitely use Kelly's tutorial again.  But I would make a plan and have a more coordinated collection of fat quarters.



I'm linking up with the following:

Thank Goodness It's Finish Friday @ Tish's Adventures in Wonderland
Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hand Quilts 



12 comments:

  1. Your quilt is very pretty and versatile. I can see it for either gender as well as for any age! I liked your idea of adding sashing to increase the size as well. Your quilt reminds me of a jelly roll race quilt, but with more interest because the blocks are going in different directions. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an adorable quilt! It will bring a smile and comfort to the recipent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a quick, and perfect, fix, it came out just lovely and will be gladly received!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome of you to contribute, Anja. I bet the quilt will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pattern for a donation quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a fun and colourful quilt Anja.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful, Anja! Which charity are you donating to? Or is it going somewhere local?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great use of fat quarters. It's such a fun quilt and very colorful. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great mix of colors and fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It turned out great considering you didn't plan much. lol Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice, i like the vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.