Friday, July 12, 2019

TGIFF - Yonder Quilt and Pillow

I finally finished my quilt I made during the Yonder Quilt Along hosted by Briar Hill Designs.   I used the leftover block to make a pillow, which I shared here.


Both have been gifted to a friend who is expecting a baby in the coming weeks.


When I made the pillow, I just let myself go and did free motion quilting, no worrying about how it looked.  I tried to mimic some of those FMQ motifs in the quilt.


I thought I had chosen a suitable thread colour, but it blended so well in some of the prints.  I did wishbones and loopy flowers.


I found it challenging to quilt wishbones and swirls on angles.  Definitely something I need to practice.


The quilting created great texture.  I'm pleased with how it turned out.


I took my Singer and Pfaff machines in for service today.  What am I going to do for a week???  😊  I have some EPP to keep me busy.


If you have a finish this week, consider linking up with:

Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday @ Chris Knits Sews
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict 
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hands Quilts
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
Brag About Your Beauties @ From Bolt to Beauty 
Friday Foto Fun @ Powered by Quilting


8 comments:

  1. Your quilting looks good, a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anja! This is gorgeous! I love the fabric and colors you choose. I have a feeling it is going to be loved for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your mix of fabrics! Truly a wonderful gift to a lucky little one. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colour palette! And your FMQ is awesome! Your friend should be very honoured to own both the cushion and the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the FMQ! These look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anja! You go girl! Yep, those wishbones are hard to do on an angle but with practice (and doodling) you'll get better, and well they look fine to me. Love both of these! Lucky mama and babe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so good!!! You are rocking the free motion!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.