Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Project Quilting 11.4 - Birds in the Air

Do you play along with Project Quilting hosted by Kim @ Persimon Dreams?  This is my third year participating.  The theme for Project Quilting 11.4 was announced at 12:00 noon on February 16 -- well after I had left home to attend QuiltCon.  I had already decided that I wouldn't play along because I didn't have a lot of sewing supplies with me.  But then while at QuiltCon I started scheming on how I might be able to participate. 😁


I sketched out a small mini Thursday night, making a list of the sizes of the two colours I needed.  I played around in EQ8 for a few design options.  Thanks to Cheryl @ Meadow Mist Designs for an awesome EQ8 class Thursday morning.



Following my class Friday night, I choose the two colours that I had sufficient fabric and cut out the pieces before leaving class.  I had hoped to sneak in several minutes of sewing before I had to leave the room.  Unfortunately, I was only able to machine sew the four HSTs needed.  Back in the hotel room, the top of the fridge became my cutting table.  😊


So I started hand sewing the pieces together.  Dena was also working on some hand work, and we ended up sewing until 2:00 a.m.  We didn't realize it had gotten so late.  I even pieced the binding strips by hand.


Dena had some white perle cotton so I started hand quilting Saturday night. And yet again, we ended up sewing late into the night.  I really enjoyed making this project.


It finishes 8.5 inches.



This project also qualifies to link up with Sarah @ Sarah Goer Quilts for her monthly Show Me Something linky party.  This month's theme is triangles.



4 comments:

  1. What a nice piece and hand pieced on top of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed with all the hand work you did for this piece - and while at QuiltCon, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laye night sewing is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this! So cool that you hand-pieced and hand-quilted it too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.