Wednesday, November 17, 2021

WIP Wednesday - This and That

I had to make a new list of the projects I'm currently working on so projects don't get forgotten. 😉

I had a thought to make an Advent calendar for my two nieces, using the Lined Drawstring Bag (by In Color Order) to hold treats.  And once again, I find myself thinking, it sounded like a great idea at the time.  LOL  I need to get 24 bags made, filled with treats, and in the mail by next Wednesday so they arrive before December 1.

I cut up an Advent calendar panel so each bag will have a number.  I need to create a plan for some assembly line sewing.  I'll probably watch Hallmark Christmas movies while sewing.


I'm doing some pattern testing for Bea @ Beaquilter.  I cut all the pieces using my Accuquilt Go and the 8" Qube dies.  One benefit of using an Accuquilt cutter is that you don't have to trim blocks once they are sewn together.  Time saver!


I need to get working on the November instructions for the Macaron Mystery QAL hosted by Cheryl @ Meadow Mist Designs.  I need to make and trim 60 flying geese units.  October's instructions were also to make 60 flying geese units.  Please don't let the December instructions be more flying geese blocks.  LOL



Linking up with:

Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter


8 comments:

  1. You are certainly going to be busy, good luck getting everything finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some fun projects happening, Anja! I will enjoy watching your progress (and cheering you on!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The advent is an ambitious project!! GO you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The drawstring bags as an advent calendar sounds like a really fun idea. I hope you find a great way to do the batch sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve been making the flying geese as leader enders while making gifts to take to Ontario. The trip is a very unexpected and unfortunate one. Best of luck with the drawstring bags.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of your bags for the advent calendar! You are obviously a wonderful aunt!
    I look forward to seeing your quilt designed by Bea!
    And, I, too am hoping that there are no more flying geese in December! :-) I'm doing mine as leaders and enders ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of good sewing going on for you! I am catching up a little on small projects before the Thanksgiving holiday. I have a large quilt to make for a friend and really want to get a few blocks sewn this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great projects! With assembly line sewing I'm sure you'll get those calendars done in time. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.