Saturday, October 1, 2022

2022 Monthly Colour Challenge - October Block

Did you sew along this year for the 2022 Monthly Color Challenge hosted by Jen @ Patterns by Jen?  As we come close to the end, I need to start thinking about a layout for my blocks.  

I used Kona Aruba and Sage.

As I often share, I use my Hera marker to mark lines instead of a using pen or a pencil.  It saves time and energy as you can mark two layers at a time.


I use my Bloc Loc ruler to trim HSTs.


Unless a pattern specifically indicates to press to one side for nesting purposes, I always press seams open when making strip sets.


I find the strip sets lies much flatter, which makes sub cutting more precise.


Another 12.5-inch block to add to the collection.


October Bloggers




4 comments:

  1. Your block looks great in the Aruba and Sage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to how these all finish out this year and your choice for putting them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this block and the fabrics you chose are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colour combo. Looking forward to seeing your quilt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.