Friday, October 20, 2023

TGIFF - Blue Skies

I have a finish!

I have a long list of quilt tops that need to be pieced.  Blue Skies is a pattern by Sandra @ Musings of  Menopausal Melon.  I also pieced Sunny Days at the same time, but it remains in the laundry basket of unquilted tops.


This was the first quilt I loaded on my new Grace Q'nique 16X longarm.  Thanks to Dena for helping me put it all together.  I'm still learning how to use it and get the tension setting correct.  You will note that I started out quilting wavy lines but then I switched to a stipple.  I had to take out six rows of stitching.


I think this quilt will become a lap quilt for my chairs.  The backing matches the green curtains on my patio doors in the dining room.


I stitched the binding to the back using a big stitch with Wonderfil perle cotton.



I'm linking up with:

Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday @ chrisknitssews
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
Brag About Your Beauties @ From Bolt to Beauty
Friday Foto Fun @ Powered by Quilting 
Free Motion Mavericks @ Quilting & Learning - What a Combo!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt, great colors! Congrats on quilting on your new system. I'm not brave enough to long arm (yet?)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you had to rip out so much! I love the quilt and the two different quilting motifs give it character!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that once you dial in the tension and get used to the new machine you will have a lot less need for removing quilting in the future (fingers crossed). Congratulations on the finish and I hope you will have many more and lots of fun with the Grace Q'nique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this fun quilt! I like the change of quilting in it, too. It adds some special interest. Good luck with your new machine, you will get it tamed and the tension purring along just right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh That one looks so great in your home!!!
    Sorry about the stitching troubles - bt the finish is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anja, I wish you the best of luck using your new longarm. I hope that the learning curve won't be too difficult! Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.