Wednesday, December 3, 2014

WIP Wednesday - Charity Quilts

It's been too dark in the morning before work and dark again after work, so haven't been able to get photos of these quilt tops.  I finally resorted to taking them to a meeting with me this evening and taking photos on the boardroom floor.

This is a tutorial for making 8 HST's at once from Craft Buds.  The tutorial is well written and easy to follow.

Yes, there is a mistake.

Then I tried another tutorial to use up a fat quarter collection from Sew Sisters Quilt Shop.



When quilted, these two will be donated to a local charity.  There are a few more on my to-do list, but I was able to complete these two at the MMQG's Sew In this past Saturday.  It was an awesome day of laughter, consultations, and just good quilty fun. Can't wait for the next Sew In.

Debating on how to quilt these.  Any suggestions?

Off to the repair shop tomorrow to get a light bulb for my Singer.  After 20 years, the light bulb finally burned out.

Lots of sewing has been going on this week, but everything is in the QPP for Christmas gifts, so can't share just yet.  Why do I always wait until the last minute to decide to make something???  Adrienne, I am one of your people!!

Linking up with The Needle and Thread Network and Let's Bee Social over at Sew Fresh Quilts.

5 comments:

  1. Those tops are fab! Glad I got to see them come together :) at least I am not alone:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you got a lot done! I'm in the middle of Christmas makes myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you Anja, for waiting too long to get christmas creativity underway! I'm not sure about the quilting because I am relatively new, I would do stitch in the ditch or 1/4 inch out :). Thanks for letting me know that lightbulbs last a long time! I am terrified that mine will go out while I am doing a project and I don't have a replacement one for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the top, especially the second one with the bricks. Suggestions on how to quilt? Maybe go crazy and try different patterns in all the bricks... For the HST quilt, I think an all over pattern with curves (loops, meandering, etc.) would soften all those angles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.