Saturday, January 17, 2015

Show Off Saturday: Doll Quilt

The goal for today was to piece (and hopefully quilt) Mini Lotus.  The instructions are clear and the piecing fairly easy, but...the pieces are soooo small.  I was not in the right frame of mind for this project today so only 4 blocks of 28 were completed.

The sides are about 6 inches long.

Next on the list was a doll quilt for my goddaughter's Build-a-Bear Sarah.


I was using leftover 5-inch squares so had to be creative with the layout.  I think it's time for a new camera or better lighting in my sewing room -- the triangles on the left side are purple, and the long strip of triangles next to the purple is teal.  The colours clearly did not come through.

Blue testing the quilt to make sure it's warm enough.

Linking up with Show Off Saturday over at Sew Can She:



4 comments:

  1. Those triangles look tricky! The quilt will be beautiful. www.quiltartbymegan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so not down with small piecing like that - you are a brave woman. That bear looks pretty cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The teddy bear quilt looks so cute! I have done small piecing with my BOM club. I'm really happy I only get them once a month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Adrienne said! On my way to piece giant blocks now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.