Sunday, January 4, 2015

First Finish of 2015

The past two weeks have been a good break from sewing and blogging...and everything else.  But now it's back to a regular routine...and to catch up on reading blog posts.

All the projects I wanted to complete by the end of 2014 did not get finished.  But I'm okay with that.  There are three projects that I want to save for Sew In days with Maritime Modern Quilt Guild.  I prefer piecing projects when I'm sewing away from home.  Two projects are sandwiched and ready to be quilted.  There is one project that I'm not sure how to quilt, and I finished this one:


Quick photo in the rain

Finished late afternoon today, amidst a snow/rain storm.  I wanted to get some photos before it got dark.  The rain seemed to slow a bit, so I ran out into the backyard.  But sadly only had a few minutes before the rain quickened.

And now it's really raining so had to hurry.

No, QJ...I don't know what Kona colours I used other than Silver for the background.  I suspect the green is Chartreuse.  I'll have to figure out the colours so I can check them off on my new Kona colour check list.

UPDATE:  Kona colours are School Bus, Pomegranate, Turquoise, Chartreuse, and Silver.

My 2015 project list hasn't made it to paper yet, although I do have some ideas.
  • Seaside table runner by Jaybird Quilts - The fabric is cut and ready to be sewn.  I'm not really a fan of table runners, but they do add something to a dining room table.
  • Mini Lotus by Jaybird Quilts.  I won the pattern and mini Hex N More through an online contest.  I'm hoping I have enough fabric from the Seaside table runner to make a matching wall hanging.
  • Radiant Star.  Thanks to my MMQG members for identifying the pattern in a photo of a quilt that I liked.
  • Tankini table runner by Atkinson Designs.  I made the Merry-Go-Round table runner for a Bee Christmas gift, so I thought I'd try another pattern.
  • Wishes Quilt Along by Fat Quarter Club.  I purchased the fabric but somehow lost sight of this project.  Better late than never.

I need to figure out what gifts I'll be making this year so I won't be scrambling at the last minute.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful finish, Anja! I love the quilting! Can't wait to see what quilts you make in 2015 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should link up with Yvonne @ Quilting JetGirl with your 2015 resolutions! And yes, I am horrified that you didn't look up your colours before posting. Shameful for someone who claims to heart Kona. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours in this - really like vibrant look against the cold snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My! love this quilt Knowing Kona colours is over-rated. They are gorgeous, whatever they are called!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.