Thursday, April 30, 2015

Deadline and Goal Achieved!

It's still April 30 for another hour, and I finished my April ALYOF goal.  Nothing like cutting it close.  There was a lot of frantic sewing the past two nights.

Presenting Fox and Friends:

Fox and Friends Pattern by Lorna @ Sew Fresh Quilts

Lorna's pattern (Sew Fresh Quilts) was very detailed and had lots of photos.  I would definitely purchase another pattern.

Mr. Fox and Mr. Raccoon

Had to move outside of my comfort zone with colour placement.  I know it's a good thing to challenge yourself, but I still don't like it.  The pattern provides a chart of colour placement, but doesn't tell you which colours correspond with which number.  The "fun" is supposedly in making that choice yourself.

The plan was to have an outdoor photo shoot, but at this late hour, indoor photos will have to do.

April was a busy, crazy month.  I am so happy to have achieved my April goal...and on time.

Linking up with Sew BitterSweet Designs for the April Finishes Party.



9 comments:

  1. I friggin' love the raccoons. The foxes are cute but those raccoons..... Where are the photos of the back? A truly fab finish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Finish! Looking forward to seeing this in person.... so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Finish! Looking forward to seeing this in person.... so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out really well, Anja! Good for you for squeaking in just ahead of the deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job Anja! It turned out just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anja, I love this quilt!! Its very innovative the way the raccoons and foxes pop out

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I need to make a raccoon, they are just too cute. And in case there was any doubt, if I could buy 303 bolts of fabric they would NOT all be Konas, there are too many fabulous prints out there calling my name to limit myself to PLAIN fabric. :-) that is a great collection you are giving away. The floral and plaid are talking to me and I hear them, oh so clearly. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. You will be WANTING, if not NEEDING, to paper piece soon enough. No pressure on that chick talking about paperpiecing next week. Ha! Ha! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how I missed this finish... But I am so happy to see it!!! Love your Fox & Friends, Anja. The quilting is beautiful and so is that binding choice. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.