Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The "What Was I Thinking" WIP

Sooooooo...I might have accidentally purchased a longarm machine...okay, maybe not so much accidentally but more like on a whim.  Now I'm in:  WHAT THE HECK HAVE I DONE mode.  Valerie over at Purple Boots and Pigtails decided to upgrade and purchased a new machine, so was selling her old machine and frame.  I've always dreamed of having a longarm, but never really thought that it would happen due to the cost and never thought that my quilting would progress to the point that I would need or want a longarm.

Introducing Wee Wiggler:


 Still not sure why she's called Wee Wiggler.  Val:  We need the story on the name.



Thanks to Mr. Purple Boots and son for assisting with the delivery of Wee Wiggler.



I'm still working to ensure that she is level before a test run.  Hoping that between Nephew's basketball playoff games this weekend, I can manage to complete a quilt top so I can play with Wee Wiggler.

**Giveaway Alert**
Come back for a visit on Friday for a sponsored giveaway from Sew Sisters Quilt Shop.  In case you didn't know, Sew Sisters is a Canadian quilt store dedicated to all things quilty.  They offer great rates on shipping, with orders over $100 shipping for free within Canada.

Although not an actual quilt WIP, still linking up with:

Let's Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts

(Have you seen those pigs?  And the zebras, elephants, monkeys, and giraffes!)

WIP Wednesday @ Freshly Pieced





11 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous!! It looks like a beast more than a wriggler! Hope you have fun with it soon, just relax and enjoy yourself! 😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. GOODNESS! Wow! Can't wait to see your progress with this! Looks like you are going to be having FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank goodness you bought it so I didn't have to! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new machine! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my. It's really real. Guess you'll be hosting some more Sew Ins. Can't exactly take that "Wee" thing on the road! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a wild woman! I have a pile of quilts that need to be long-armed....just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, you are a no reply blogger, so I can't respond to you.

      Delete
  7. Wow, Anja! I cannot wait to see what you quilt with this! Definitely is a grand piece in a room :) Congrats on your new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well at least one of us has a Wiggler.... I'm 3 weeks now waiting on the Giant Wiggler and now she tells me the frame is on back order. I may need to come visit...I'm getting behind over here! The Wee Wiggler will treat you well, so happy for you! I know you'll enjoy it, can't wait to see how much fun you will get into now!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My! You did it! You got a long arm!!! Good for you, Anja, Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.