Friday, November 27, 2015

Friday Finish - BQ3

You may recall this WIP from last month.  I had no ideas on how to quilt it.  My MMQG mates provided some suggestions.  It's hard to tell from the photo, but I did swirl FMQ in white.  I thought the white would stand it, but it didn't.

And with the change of season, it's difficult to get good photos.  It's dark in the morning before work, and it's dark when I get home from work.  Oh spring...where are you??


Here's a closeup of the quilting.  I've decided swirl FMQ is not a favourite of mine.


This quilt may not have turned out as I had envisioned, but it's going to charity, so it will be loved by someone.



Linking up my finish over at:

TGIFF hosted by Jan @ Quilting Among the Groves


Finish it up Friday hosted by Crazy Mom Quilts


Whoomp There It Is! hosted by A Quilted Passion

A Quilted Passion



15 comments:

  1. A lovely quilt! Someone is sure to love it. And I totally understand the difficulty taking pictures this time of year. Very frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely feel the pain of the daylight issue. I feel like we'll just be in eternal darkness until spring before long! :P Love the quilting, I'm a big fan of swirls and loop-dee-doo's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The swirl FMQ looks great Anja! I have this pattern and will make it someday. I just finished an original BQ top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great to me! Your FMQ is really coming along! Someone is going to love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a burst of shunshine - The pictures are great, I can relate to the difficulty of trying to get those perfect shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I for one LOVE it! It just sings Anja! I know it will be an absolute treasure to the lucky recipient. Saving this post as I have some Diane Phalen fabric this pattern or something similar to this pattern, would work for...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those swirls are great! I think you did a fabulous job! BRAVO! Can I send you my quilt to do? LOL Seriously, lovely quilt and great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about it being hard to get good photographs in the winter. Hang in there, we're almost at the solstice... I think your swirls and loops look great, and I know someone is going to be so thankful for this quilt. Congratulations on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The swirls look fabulous! You should keep doing them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun, happy quilt! I really like the quilting pattern you used!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, just because you're good at something doesn't mean you have to like it. And it surely doesn't have to be your favorite. Still, you're really good with those swirls. Whomever gets this colorful quilt will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's beautiful! Whoever receives it will just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it's beautiful as well and I love the swirls as well

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for donating a quilt to charity. Someone will be very happy to find comfort, cuddled up in it over the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could not see the Swirls on my phone but on my laptop they are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.