Sunday, June 3, 2018

Plus Playtime Quilt Along

Have you seen the fabulous QAL being hosted by Sandra@ Musings of  Menopausal Melon?  There's lots of time to join in.  Click here to get the fabric requirements -- the pattern is free!!

Here are a couple of my blocks from the first two rows.  The blocks are 18.5 inches.


I decided to go with a printed background, and pluses made with Kona solids.  My first version of Plus Playtime, I used Kona for the background and prints for the pluses.  You can see it here.



Here is Row #1.


I used the following Kona solids:  Corn Yellow, Curry, Kiwi, Peapod, Water, Celestial, Torch, Bright Peri., Rich Red, Candy Pink, Flame, Dark Violet, and Honeysuckle.

And this is Row #2.


Head over to Musings of  a Menopausal Melon -- there's lot of inspiration.  I now want to make a black, grey, white, and red version like Tish @ Tish's Adventure in Wonderland.


7 comments:

  1. Love your fabric choices Anja. It's going to look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking really good Anja.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might still be tired from the weekend, but I think I am missing what the background for the large plus is going to be. Regardless, it looks like you have been really productive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving how all those solids just pop against that background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be just the coolest! I love different spins on patterns, and seeing one on my own just is such a rush! Thanks for doing this second quilt, and for the kind words...and yeah Tish's is the sexiest. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a fun and easy quilt for a child. Nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.