Wednesday, June 19, 2019

WIP Wednesday - Summer Sampler 2019

I'm participating in the Summer Sampler 2019 hosted by Lee @ Freshly Pieced (with others).  I decided to play along because my friend Andrea @ 3rd Story Workshop designed one of the blocks.

To make it easier, I purchased the Kona kit from Mad About Patchwork.  It was so nice to see collaboration with a Canadian quilt shop.  When you add in the exchange rate from US to Canadian dollars and a high shipping rate (and possible customs charges), it's really not worth ordering from the US.

I got behind before it even started.  LOL  But I'm now caught up.  All blocks are 12.5 inches.

Block 1 - Spring Fever
Technique:  precision piecing


Block 2 - Pixelations
Technique:  half-square triangles


Block 3 - Curious Crossing
Technique:  improvisational piecing


Block 4 - Victorian Tile
Technique:  nested seams


Block 5 - Rope Twist
Technique:  foundation paper piecing


There's still time to join in if you're interested.  A new block is released every Monday.

What are you working on this week? 

Linking up with:

Let's Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts
WIP Wednesday @ The Needle and Thread Network
Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter


7 comments:

  1. Your blocks are so beautiful! Block 5 really caught my eye with that beautiful twist in there! You must be such a skilled piecer - your blocks are so well done and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are looking great Anja. Your piecing is very precise, I love Rope Twist, although I shake at the thought of paper piecing. I’m happy you are all caught up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure you are not addicted to QALs? Love all these blocks but #3 is my favorite. The twist is very interesting. I am taking a break from paper piecing for now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your improv block Anja - a pretty combo of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting QAL! The blocks look wonderful, and you use so many techniques. What fun! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.