Friday, March 4, 2022

TGIFF - Peace for Ukraine Zippered Pouch

Berene @ Happy Sew Lucky created a pattern to show support for Ukrainians.  I decided to make a zippered pouch using Noodlehead's open wide zippered pouch tutorial.  A friend of mine lives next door to an Ukrainian family, so the pouch will be gifted to them.


I used Kona Pacific, Citrus, and White.  In a workshop a few weeks ago with Sheri @ Whole Circle Studio, we were instructed to starch our fabrics when paper piecing.  It definitely made piecing this small pattern so much easier.


I used a butterfly print for the other side of the pouch.


The finishing touch with a zipper pull.



I'm linking up with:

Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday @ Sugar Sand Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
Brag About Your Beauties @ From Bolt to Beauty
Friday Foto Fun @ Powered by Quilting 


6 comments:

  1. I keep sending money and purchasing from Ukrainian makers. I don't know if I will ever really make anything, but doing some small part feels good. I'm sure the pouch will be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the pattern on Facebook, thanks for the link. The pouch is a great gift to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pouch is great, and I'm sure it will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pouch and I’m sure they’ll appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this pouch, Anja. I am so pleased to see all the support Ukraine is getting. I do hope this ends quickly. It is a such a sin.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.