Thursday, June 1, 2023

TGIFF - Nova Scotia Sea

Welcome to this week's edition of Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday.  TGIFF is the opportunity to share your finish from this week.  You can find out who is hosting each week by heading over to the TGIFF blog.

My finish this week is a quilt top I finished in December 2021.  I made the Storm at Sea pattern using a signature fabric line by Sherry @ Powered by Quilting -- Calm Lagoon from Island Batik.

As this quilt will be hanging in a concurrent quilt show at Quilt Canada 2023 being held in my city next week, I have named it Nova Scotia Sea.  Naming quilts is hard, but this one was easy.


Quilts for the show had to be delivered to my friend Brenda so I took advantage of a photo shoot at her house as she has many canoes on her property.


I quilted wavy organic lines using a blue variegated thread by Connecting Threads.  The batting is Hobbs Heirloom Premium 80/20.


I'm hoping this will give me some motivation to finish up my ever-growing pile of quilt tops.



It's time for you to link up your finishes from this week.  We encourage you to visit a few of the link ups to get some inspiration and to share some quilty love.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting a quilt top finished and how fun that the quilt will be on display in a show. Will you have free time to spend at the show?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt, Anja!!! Hope the fires stay well away from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Anja !! I love a Storm at Sea quilt, especially in these (my favourite) colours & batiks at that. You did a wonderful job ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I have just seen two blue and green quilts in a row and I am dying. Great job on this fun quilt, and wow, congrats on a quilt hanging at Quilt Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anja, your quilt will be lovely at Quilt Canada. I hope that you'll be able to attend! Good luck with the rest of your quilting and please consider linking up to Free Motion Mavericks. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only does the red canoe provide the perfect contrasting background for your Storm at Sea quilt, but it could it reflects the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful finish, Anja! I think the wavy lines are perfect and I do hope it inspires you to attack the tops!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.