Monday, May 22, 2023

Block of the Week Quilt Along - Part 1

Dena and I have created another Block of the Month quilt along for our quilt guild, but it's actually a Block of the Week.  There are 100 blocks over 11 months -- 8-inch blocks and 4 x 8 inch blocks. Dena is the creative side designing all the blocks, and I'm tech support, formatting the instructions and creating the blocks in EQ8.

Here are my first 10 blocks.  I'm using bright colours from my scrap pile.


We started the BOW on January 1.  I sewed several blocks, but then I fell behind because I was focused on getting the files ready for the weekly release.


Dena loves tiny piecing, especially HSTs.


And of course, she loves paper piecing, but the flying geese were easy to make.


The paper pieced pineapple almost put me over the edge.  I limited it to two colours so I wouldn't mess it up.



I've been sewing all weekend trying to catch up -- we're on block 42.  I'm working on two pieced blocks.  I also have two paper pieced blocks to make.  And I need to make an alternate 8-inch block and an alternate 4 x 8 inch block because I don't want to make two of the blocks, one of which is paper pieced with tiny, tiny piecing.  No thank you.

3 comments:

  1. How fun that you and Dena get to collaborate together for the guild. And I love that with the sizes, you can opt to make double of some when you do not want to make a different version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working with a fellow member for the guild is fun. Opting out of paper piecing is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun you two are! Love your blocks and can't wait to see these all made up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.