Sunday, May 7, 2023

Pattern Testing - Leading Edge

I had the opportunity to test a pattern -- Leading Edge -- for Joanne @ Canuck Quilter Designs.  

I used fabrics from Makower UK, and now I regret not having purchased more fabric.  You know that I had to include some orange. 😉


You make strip sets, which become "arrows."


And then a finished quilt top.


I have not yet quilted this top.  If you have followed me for any length of time, you know that I always struggle with a quilting plan, so tops end up the laundry basket of unquilted tops.  I hope they don't feel that the basket is like the Island of Misfit Toys in the tv show Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.  LOL


I have made a list of unquilted tops (20 tops and counting.....).  I need to make an effort to get these quilted.  As always, suggestions for a quilting plan and thread colour are always welcome.


You can purchase Leading Edge here.

5 comments:

  1. That's a really fun design and perfect choice for the placement of the orange in the quilt top. I would probably use a matching light blue or lime green thread across the whole quilt - especially at 50wt or so, it's amazing how well it can blend in even on stronger contrasting colors. I'd also be really tempted to quilt zigzags to help emphasize the arrows, but that would be harder on your longarm. Perhaps just straight line quilting horizontally?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pop of orange in your top. I agree with Yvonne with quilting the zigzags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this top and the orange is so fun. Thinking echoing the arrows in alternating colors - white on the blue and blue on the white was the first thing that came to mind. Of course, now I am wondering about begining in the orange and using orange?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The orange really pops! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully we will get to meet in June!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.