Saturday, May 13, 2023

TGIFF - Abstract Landscape

My guild hosted a workshop with Andrea @ 3rd Story Workshop.  Andrea taught us bias tape applique using her Abstract Landscape pattern.

I used Kona Terracotta, Pimento, Cedar, and Blue.


We used a twin needle to stitch down the bias tape.


I tried some free motion quilting on my Babylock Accomplish.  This is 18.5 x 19.5 inches.


This was our guild's first in-person workshop since the pandemic, and we had a great time learning from Andrea and socializing with each other.  Andrea has some great patterns and workshops.


3 comments:

  1. How wonderful - the project and the in-person workshop. It is so nice to get together and learn and sew! I love the orange and the quilting is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used a twin needle; that alone would have been a really fun learning experience. Your free motion quilting in the sky looks great. Sounds like a really fantastic workshop for your guild's first in person event after covid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful piece Anja! I love the oranges and your quilting looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.