Friday, December 8, 2023

Morris Mist Fabric Blog Hop

Have you seen the new signature Island Batik fabric collection -- Morris Mist -- for Sherry @ Powered by Quilting?  I was honoured to have been asked to participate in the blog hop showcasing the collection.

I played around in EQ8 using the Arrowhead block.  This is a large sized baby quilt at 46 inches.
(It's hard to get photos in the morning before work, and then it's dark after work.  I can't wait for spring.)


I used Aurifil #2309 Silver White thread.  It blended in so well with both the front and the back.


I couldn't decide on a quilting plan, and the quilt was pinned to the frame before I settled on free-motion quilted flowers and loops.


I also added my name in the bottom corner.


I finished piecing the top at Sewtopia Nashville early in November.  The Warm Company generously donated batting.  I'm so glad I took a piece -- cotton batting is sooooooooo very soft.


If you haven't already done so, head over to Sherry's blog to enter her giveaway.



4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful quilt, and one that will be treasured always! Such a great idea to quilt your name into a corner...I've got to remember that tip! (Hurry on, Spring!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt and what a fun design to show off Sherry's collection. The quilting is fabulous, too. I love that you signed your name too. I need to start adding that in on mine. I have said that before but maybe 2024 is the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Silver White thread blends in beautifully. What fabulous quilting; it's clear you are feeling more confident with your new machine. And a beautiful quilt to show of Sherry's line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty quilt!! and right? The dark in the morning and evening... not my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.