Thursday, March 7, 2024

TGIFF - Project Quilting 15.5 - Wearables

Welcome to this week's edition of Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday.  TGIFF is the opportunity to share your finish from this week.  You can find out who is hosting each week by heading over to the TGIFF blog.

If you would like to host TGIFF in 2024, click here to sign up.

Have you been sewing along with Project Quilting?  This week's theme is Wearables. 😮  What to do?  What to do?  I finally decided on an apron to hold my scissors, etc. while using my longarm.  I found a tutorial to make an apron using a pillowcase.  I was skeptical, but with limited time this week, I thought I'd give it a try.


I love this apron!!!  I can't wait to make another one.


I recommend folding up 6 inches.  I had to make a little adjustment after the first fold because 8 inches was too much for my pillowcase.  Instead of making two pockets, I made three.  I used a piece of plastic-y webbing because I didn't want to put too much effort into this apron in case I didn't like it.



It's time for you to link up your finishes from this week.  Please visit a few of the link ups to get some inspiration and to share some quilty love.  

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


6 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! I've seen a few utility aprons in the challenge and they are all great. A very usable and fun item!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great apron!! and you could add just what you need -love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea and I think the choice of 3 pockets looks perfect! Hooray for wearable and something functional that you'll enjoy and use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting upcycled item, Anja! I don't think I would have ever guessed that your starting point was a pillowcase. Thanks for the tutorial link and enjoy your new apron!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 pockets is great as is the webbing for a first go at. So much fun that it was a pillowcase first!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.