Thursday, March 28, 2024

TGIFF - A Finish by Dena

Welcome back for Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday.  TGIFF is the opportunity to share your finish from this week.  You can find out who is hosting each week by heading over to the TGIFF blog.

Unfortunately, we didn't have a host for this week.  So my good friend Dena agreed to showcase her finish from this week.  She does not have a blog, so I'll share her photos and her commentary.


I started this mini in a Carolyn Friedlander workshop in Halifax at last year's Quilt Canada.  Carolyn encouraged us to use individual elements of her pattern to create our own layouts.  I used only Carolyn Friedlander fabrics.  My mini finishes at roughly 12.5 x 24 inches.


I tried match stick quilting for the first time.  I used Decobob thread by Wonderfil Speciality Thread, and there are a few lines of glittery quilting using a silver Gutermann thread.


This quilt will be on display at the Maritime Modern Quilt Guild quilt show in April.


Head over to Instagram to share some quilty love to Dena for her great finish.



It's time for you to link up your finishes from this week.  Please visit a few of the link ups to get some inspiration and to share some quilty love. 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

3 comments:

  1. Dena's quilting looks nice. I like the narrow straight line quilting, it always looks good. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to you and Dena for stepping up to fill in the gap in the TGIFF hosting schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Dena's piece and will definitely say hello on Insta.... Great solution for you both - you have a finish to show and Dena get's bragging rights.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.