Wednesday, February 11, 2015

WIP Wednesday - HST Wall Hanging

Thanks for all the suggestions on possible layouts for my HST project.  In the end, for the first row and subsequent odd-numbered rows, light to dark going left to right.  And then moving down to the even-numbered rows, light to dark going right to left.



At 32 x 40 inches, this will become a wall hanging for my sewing room.

It was difficult to arrange the colours, as some of the Kona's were very close in colour.  There are two blue-green blocks in the top row that don't really belong with either green or blue, and some of the light blue ones had a hint of violet in them.  But I'm happy because I used the Kona Sunrise charm pack and now have an interesting wall hanging for my sewing room.

My first thought is to quilt diagonally -- bottom left to top right -- on both sides of the seam.  But not sure what colour thread to use.  Would love to hear your suggestions on quilting and thread colour.

Linking up with:

Sew Fresh Quilts




8 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful colors in a great graphic design. How about a smokey grey for the quilting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd go dark for the quilting... and I like the idea of diagonal quilting. But then again, you knew I'd say that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is going to be a great addition to your sewing room. Love the colors.I look forward to seeing how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love where this is going, Anja! I like the idea of using a dark thread for quilting. Looks fabulous so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is lovely! Warm greetings from Montreal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is lovely! Warm greetings from Montreal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm intrigued by a dark thread - would love to see how you get on if you go that way. Love your colour placment in this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the layout! Good luck choosing your thread color, that's always such a tuff one for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you don't hear back from me, you should check to see if you're a no-reply blogger.