Sunday, February 8, 2015

4 x 7 Week One Success!

And so begins week two of the 4 x 7 challenge hosted by Sarah over at Berry Barn Designs.  Week one was a great success -- at least 30 minutes of sewing each day!!

The HST's were joined in pairs, so the end result was a diamond of each colour. Still debating on the layout.  Light to dark in each colour family?  Or random?  Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Disappointed with photos on the iPad -- the colours look dull.


One of my Bee Christmas gifts was a microwave bowl holder -- so you don't burn your hands on the hot bowl.

Bee Christmas Gift

So I decided to make one to have at work:

My bowl holder

Thanks to Sarah for hosting the 4 x 7 challenge.  It's been great to have the accountability to make time for myself.

Berry Barn Designs


Have you made time for yourself this week?

7 comments:

  1. I really like the picture in your header! Such precision, and I am big fan of precision in piecing a quilt! I'm working on a HST project that might become a raging nightmare. It starts with 231 squares to make a heart and then I have to decide how to do the white. No pattern, just looking at picture and counting. This will surely take my whole time in the 4x7 challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a productive weekend! Love the arrangement in diamonds, and those little bowl holder thingies are on my list of things to make since I eat oatmeal every morning, and almost every morning I burn my hand... they might make great swap items for MMQG?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a productive weekend! Love the arrangement in diamonds, and those little bowl holder thingies are on my list of things to make since I eat oatmeal every morning, and almost every morning I burn my hand... they might make great swap items for MMQG?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for sewing 30 minutes a day! Though I might have used up a couple days worth of sessions today! :) For the HSTs, I think you should mix up the colour groupings, but go light to dark from top to bottom. Does that make any sense?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No sewing this week for me except I taught a class on QAYG yesterday so that sort of counts. I should have done this challenge! I like Jenn's suggestion for layout

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blocks, Anja! What about light to dark but on more of a diagonal from top left corner to bottom right corner across the quilt? Glad you had a successful first week of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the layout, Anja! And the microwave pads are a great idea! I may have to make one myself. What did you use for materials?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.