Tuesday, June 2, 2015

New (to me) Tuesday Link Up - Show and Tell Tuesday

I just discovered a Tuesday link up through Katy Quilts.   It's Show and Tell Tuesday hosted by:   I Have to Say...



Some months ago, the Modern Quilt Guild (aka the Mother Ship as it's lovingly referred to by the Maritime Modern Quilt Guild) put out a challenge using fabric from The Cottage Garden collection by Riley Blake Designs.  Anyone participating received six fat eighths from The Cottage Garden collection.  Free fabric -- who could resist that.

I had a bit of a vision and looked forward to the opportunity to design something.  I have been struggling with the fact that I only create from patterns, and I want to learn to design.  But...then life got in the way.   MMQG decided to host a viewer's choice award amongst our members, and the deadline to submit was yesterday (but we were given a grace period of today).  Thankfully, I work well under pressure, so last night, I was sewing like a mad woman.



This is not my original vision...nor my second...nor my third...I just couldn't get the ideas to paper to create something.  It's not my vision, but I'm happy with the outcome, and now I have another wall hanging for my sewing room.  Guess it's time to clean it up and re-arrange it...sigh....

The blocks on the back are from my original vision -- couldn't let good fabric/blocks go to waste.



I'm still working on my FMQ skills.  The thread kept breaking on the Wee Wiggler, so finally at 10:00 p.m., I had to finish on my trusty Singer.

I encourage you to hop over to Show and Tell Tuesday to see what others are showing off today.  Visit with Katy Quilts as well.  She has some awesome projects, including Quilts of Valor.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I love your orange quilt and your free motion work looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay You!! I love it! All that slicing of fabric with those Jaybird Rulers lately must have inspired you to keep on with hexies!! Both sides of this quilt are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay You!! I love it! All that slicing of fabric with those Jaybird Rulers lately must have inspired you to keep on with hexies!! Both sides of this quilt are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Great design!
    *Found via 2015 New Quilt Bloggers Hop*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip on the new linky... Tuesday's were always pretty thin! Your RB quilt looks great... love how the hexies float!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilt! Will check out the links. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great quilt! I think I am going to have to break down and start a Jaybird something....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.