Sunday, June 28, 2015

Gravity Block 6 - Ultraviolet

Yesterday was a great day!!  I did a 5K race in the morning and pushed myself to a personal best of 39:28 minutes.  I was huffing and puffing so much at the finish line, wasn't sure I'd be able to breathe again.  And then I was off to Maritime Modern Quilt Guild's Sew In!!!

Work continued on Gravity blocks.  It's been so fun playing along with the Gravity QAL hosted by Busy Hand Quilts.



Block 6 - Ultraviolet is made in two colourways:  yellow and purple.

Kona:  Corn Yellow, Meringue, Sunflower, Canary, Buttercup, and Banana


Kona: Heliotrope, Pansy, Corsage, Morning Glory, Thistle, and Dahlia

Three more blocks to go and then work begins on the background blocks. Can't wait to start piecing the blocks together.


You can read about Blocks 1 to 5 here:

Block 1 - Horizon
Block 2 - Constellation
Block 3 - Orbit
Block 4 - Intergalactic
Block 5 - Celestial


I hope there was sewing in your weekend.  I'm looking forward to the Canada Day holiday on Wednesday so I can do more sewing.


5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 5K finish time! It's always a great feeling to set a new personal record. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the run and the beautiful blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the runner to watch! Love following along on your gravity journey. You do it so I don't need to :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This QAL is still tempting the living daylights out of me.. if only for the number of Konas I could cross off my list. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.