Wednesday, July 1, 2015

WIP Wednesday and ALYOF July Goal

Happy Canada Day!  Happy WIP Wednesday!  Happy ALYOF July Goal Setting!

About two months ago, a customer asked me to make a quilt, with a deadline of August.  Not a problem, I said.  Well...now that it's July, I guess it's time to get moving.  The customer wanted a replica of this quilt -- a tutorial by Elizabeth Hartman, Stamp collection.

The customer picked out the fabric:


I decided to skip the fusible interfacing this time around.  432 three-inch squares -- 36 each of 12 fabrics.


Two blocks done, ten more to go.


It's so nice to get outside to take photos.



Finishing this quilt will be my July goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes.


It's WIP Wednesday, so linking up with:

Sew Fresh Quilts




8 comments:

  1. Those are some really cute fabrics and they look great together in those scrappy blocks. This is going to be a very happy, scrappy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blues and greens look true on these pics, Anja. And I can't help buy notice that you didn't go for the 1 inch finished squares like Elizabeth did! :) Thanks for the link to the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So bright and colourful! Giddy up go for your August deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, blue and green, my favourite colour combo! This is going to be such a happy quilt. I'm off to check out the link you provided to the original. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute quilts. I am with you, where has the summer gone so far? Did I completely miss June?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That quilt is coming together nicely. The fabrics and colours are wonderful!

    Thanks for posting to TN&TN.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a quick quilt to assemble - hope everything goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks good! I'm sure you can get this quilt done :) I'm loving the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.