Wednesday, July 29, 2015

WIP Wednesday - Gravity Madness Continues

As if I didn't already have my hands full using 108 Kona colours (plus 6 background colours) to complete the Gravity quilt...I decided to make two matching pillows.  The instructions for the pillow are included with the pattern, and the triangles are cut from the scraps from cutting the blocks.


Myra over at Busy Hands Quilts has been doing an awesome job hosting the Gravity QAL.  I'm so glad that I joined the fun.

108 Kona triangles

I thought it would be easy and quick to cut the triangles...ha ha ha...it took several nights to cut all those little triangles.  Hoping that it doesn't take as long to piece together.

If you have a WIP to show off, you should also link up with:

Sew Fresh Quilts         


9 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to see more of your quilt! I love seeing your progress and of course the colors are always eye catching. Pillows are a great idea! What size are you making? I just want to scoop up those colors...

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see your pillow all stitched up. 108 different Kona colours eh! I must go count mine and see how many I have. Not 108, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking just this morning that I need to add this to my to-do list! You have inspired me to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors you have chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 108 colours... ack! That makes me so Kona-tastically happy! Can't wait to see the pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! All the little triangles! Can't wait to see what the pillows will look like :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so right... It looks quick and easy, but the first step does seem to always take the longest. Nice selection of pretty colours, Anja!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was asked by a stall holder I work for at large quilt shows to make the Gravity Cushion to put on display. She sent me the ruler and book which she hadn't read. I was surprised that I needed 108 colours. I was even more surprised that I had enough fabrics in my stash to cut all of the triangles from different fabrics. My husband and children were horrified! They weren't all solids but a mix with some mottled fabrics. It took sooooo long to cut them all. Good luck with your cushions!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.