Wednesday, July 15, 2015

WIP Wednesday - Gravity Block 7

Two more Gravity quilt blocks are pieced.  These blocks are so fun to make.  I can't wait to start piecing the blocks together to make the top.

This is Cosmic - Block 7 in the Gravity quilt.

Kona:  Forest, Pesto, Kelly, Holly, Willow, and Clover

The blocks appear difficult to piece, but once you start cutting with the Hex n More and Sidekick rulers and see how the blocks are pieced, they sew up so easily and quickly.

Kona:  Rich Red, Ruby, Chinese Red, Tomato, Poppy, and Lipstick

Blocks 1 through 7 are now done.  Just Blocks 8 and 9 left to do.  And then work begins on the background blocks.


You can read about Blocks 1 to 6:

Block 1 - Horizon
Block 2 - Constellation
Block 3 - Orbit
Block 4 - Intergalactic
Block 5 - Celestial
Block 6 - Ultraviolet


Linking up with the Gravity Quilt Along hosted by Myra at Busy Hands Quilts:



If you have a WIP this week, you should link up with:

Sew Fresh Quilts         


17 comments:

  1. I loved making these blocks, and have a single seam left to go on the green one. It will be fun to finally get to the putting together stage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like some fun blocks! Going to be a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These blocks are so amazing! The colors are captivating! Love seeing your block progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blocks. I have the pattern ready to go. Haven't a clue when I'll start it though. I think it might be next year's on going quilt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blocks. I have the pattern ready to go. Haven't a clue when I'll start it though. I think it might be next year's on going quilt

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you combine colours. Please keep posting photos of your progress...

    Thanks for posting to TN&TN's WIP Wednesday, Anja!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's posts like these that make me think I don't work with solids enough! These are great blocks. I flipped through your blocks 1-6, too. They are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking great! beautiful colours

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blocks, so bold and colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I admire your patience in tackling this project. These are great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the red one, I know, no shock there. But I love it because on my phone you can only see three shades of red and it looks sooooo cool that way.

    Keep 'em comin'!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a quilt, think I've told you, that's on my bucket list. Yours is coming along so so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blocks look great! We're getting close to being done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.