Generally, my fabric purchases are limited due to lack of money -- no frivolous purchases just for fun. But I've decided it's time to make a dent in my stash. The price of fabric continues to increase, but my salary is not increasing, so I need to use my resources wisely (oops...that's my inner Girl Guide speaking).
- Before commencing a new project, I will search through my stash to find suitable projects. If I feel I need to make a purchase, I will ensure that the project is something that will make me happy and has a purpose.
- I will purchase thread and batting as needed.
- I will purchase fabric to make the Transparency quilt by Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl. This is on my 2016 project list and the only project for which I do not have fabric.
- I will purchase fabric if there is nothing suitable in my stash for Stash Bee 2016 and the Birthday Bonus Club.
- I will allow myself reasonable purchases when visiting a new-to-me quilt shop
So embracing my new stash busting plan, I dug through my scraps to make a mini Open Wide Zippered Pouch by Anna @ Noodlehead. I found mini instructions over at Stitched in Colour.
I needed a little pouch for my Wonderclips.
And oddly, I had several 6-inch zippers. Not sure why.....
You'll see that they are only about 2 x 3 inches -- I can fit one 1,000-metre spool of thread, but not two.
I think I may have revived my addiction to zippered pouches.
I'm linking up with Scraptastic Tuesday hosted by She Can Quilt. I'll have to add this linky party to my calendar.