Thursday, October 26, 2017

TGIFF - Letter A

Welcome to Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday, once again being hosted here in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.  This is your opportunity to showcase your finishes from this week and to see what other great projects have been created.


I finished my letter A.  This is my October OMG goal and a FAL Q4 goal.  It finishes around 15 inches.  This was my first attempt at big stitch quilting with perle cotton.


I don't think I bought the right perle cotton -- it seems too thick.  I definitely need to work on consistency with my stitches, but I did enjoy it enough to give it another try.



I think this will be a wall hanging for my new niece -- we share the same initials.

Now it's time for you to link up your finishes.  Link up your blog post showing off your finished project using the linkup below.  Don't forget to visit a few blogs to spread some quilty love and encouragement.  Please include a link and/or the TGIFF button in your blog post so your followers can also view all the great finishes.





If you have a finish this week, consider also linking up with:


Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts


Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hand Quilts 
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation 


Fiona @ Celtic Thistle Stitches has a New to Me linkup to celebrate all the new things in our lives.  So if you tried something new this month, head over to link up:



16 comments:

  1. I think it will be a perfect wall hanging for your new niece. How wonderful that you share initials; hopefully you can get her to share your love of orange, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt looks great. What a fun gift! When I saw the post title I wondered if you'd started a 26 quilt series. ;-) Thank you for hosting TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, to give it to Miss A. Also good to start her on orange, perhaps that will be her favorite colour as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on another lovely finish Anja, I have never tried big stitch quilting but this looks like the ideal project for a first attempt.
    Thanks for linking up to New to Me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations of your finish and achieving two of your goals. It's a lovely wall hanging, and the perfect size for trying out a new skill. I know there are many thicknesses in Perle, I use an 8 or a 12 in my embroidery and it is also available in 5 and 3. I think for big stitch hand quilting it would be an 8 or a 12 as the others are quite thick, but I'm sure someone else will tell you better.
    Thank you for hosting Anja.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful wall hanging. I love using perle but I have no idea what thickness it is, just a packet I bought online

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely finish! I don't hand quilt I know shocking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a wonderful job! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's lovely Anja. Perle Cotton sounds so "expensive". I've been practicing w/big stitch hand quilting but I'm using 99cents thread from Joann.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! I’ve been wanting to try big stitch quilting but it’s soooo slow! I do love the results though - maybe now that winter is upon us, I’ll try it out while watching hockey games!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on achieving your goal, Anja. Perle cotton stitches do add a special touch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Was a tad preoccupied last Friday, so I missed this, but Anja it is so cute! and yay for an OMG complete too. The thread doesn't look too thick to me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I sure do love those big stitches! Great finish. On behalf of the global hosts of the Finish A Long, thank you for participating!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.