Friday, January 3, 2020

TGIFF - Christmas Drawstring Bags

In an effort to make it easy for my two little nieces to open their Christmas presents (they're 2 years and 1 year old), I decided to remove some of the packaging and tape, etc. before wrapping them.  The tea set had so much plastic and tape (even the tea cups were taped to the plates), there was no way she'd be able to get into it.  So thanks to the idiotic packaging by big business, I had to make drawstring bags at the last minute to hold (and store) their presents.


I love the Lined Drawstring Bag pattern by Jeni @ In Color Order.


I purchased the expansion pattern and am looking forward to trying out the different options.


I don't wrap a lot of presents at Christmas.  But I think I'm going to start making bags to use (and maybe for birthday presents as well).



I'm linking up with:

Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday @ Devoted Quilter
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict 
Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
Brag About Your Beauties @ From Bolt to Beauty 
Friday Foto Fun @ Powered by Quilting


11 comments:

  1. This is the best drawstring bag pattern. I love it too.
    Packaging of kid's toys is outrageous. Such a waste of plastic and it is nearly impossible for a child to open their gift without frustration. Good for you for removing the tape and nonsense so the girls could be happy playing with their present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good idea! Gets rid of all the ugly/annoying plastic bits and makes it super easy for toddlers to get to the good stuff. And your bags are super pretty! I might try to make a few of those throughout the year to have them ready for Christmas next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty bags! I am going to use more bags and take time to make a few now and then that way I have some on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many years ago you got a bag at Canadian Tire when you filled up your car. Did they do that in NS? It was great and I had quite a few!! Why did we stop using them I wonder. I sent a couple of gifts via Amazon to AB and had them wrapped and they put them in cloth sacks! Yours are great and they can use them during the year too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so super cute!! and a great way to wrap presents - a two in one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that bag pattern, too! Having the girls' gifts ready to play with right away was a great idea and the bags are wonderful storage, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great! I made a bunch of Christmas bags one year and reuse them as I'm able. I did mine pillowcase style and tied with ribbon, but these drawstring ones are even better! I'm sure your nieces love the bags as much as the presents! (And I love that Peppa Pig fabric!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the drawstring bag pattern and your versions are very nice, I love the fun prints.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your bags! I made a couple of lined drawstring bags this Christmas, also. It will not go into the landfills like wrapping paper. And they are just so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great. We have more than one of these bags holding toys at our house. My nephew has been enjoying the one full of Matchbox cars. :-) Thanks for linking up to Show Me Something Purple.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.