Wednesday, January 8, 2020

WIP Wednesday - Mosaic Mystery Quilt

And just like that...I have a finished quilt top.  I've been sewing along with Cheryl @ Meadow Mist Designs for her mystery QAL -- Mosaic Mystery Quilt.

January's instructions are to piece all the blocks into a quilt top and add two borders.  The first is a small border of the background fabric.  The second is a larger border of the fabric that happens to be my yellow print.  I did not want a yellow border.  So I considered one of the other fabrics.  And then the light bulb clicked on...I don't need to add a second border.

I probably could have skipped the first border, but I like that I won't lose my points during the quilting and trimming process.


Here's a close up of the centre of the quilt.


There's still time to join in if you want -- head over to Cheryl's blog (Mosaic Mystery Quilt) for details.

Now to get this quilted so it doesn't join the pile of unfinished quilted tops.


Linking up with:

Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter


11 comments:

  1. It looks great, Anja! What fabric do you think you will use for the binding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The colours are so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks beautiful! I really like that blue fabric that you used. I also might not add a final border to my quilt, we will wait and see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have one of the corner blocks in backwards? Your piecing is great, and the quilt really pops. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You’ve created a very summery quilt top Anja! I can imagine this design would translate well to other colour palettes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What can I say but this is gorgeous. I knew it would be. The colours go so well together. 🥰🥰🥰

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome quilt! Love the bright colors. Can't wait to see how you quilt this. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your colorway. Very Summer. Gorgeous! ;^)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.