Monday, April 6, 2020

2020 Temperature Quilt

2020 started out productively...and then it went downhill.  February was busy as I prepared to go to QuiltCon.  There was class preparation and packing to do and a lot of work so I could be away for a week.  And when I got back, there was even more work.

Here is my 2019 Temperature Quilt...still unfinished.  Each hexie represents the temperature at 12:00 noon each day.  The hexies are all made, but I still need to piece October, November, and December and then piece all the months together.


And then March happened...unprecedented and chaotic.  I worked 26 days in a row, so sewing took a backseat.  Things have slowed down.  I didn't work this past weekend, so I squeezed in some sewing.

I'm now caught up with my 2020 Temperature Quilt.  This year, I'm making 2.5-inch HSTs -- the top represents the highest temperature of the day, with the bottom representing the lowest.  I used my Accuquilt Go to cut the triangles so there is no trimming of the HSTs.


I'm using the same Kona colours that I used in 2019.  It will be interesting to compare the two years.

I have high hopes for more sewing and blog reading this week.



7 comments:

  1. It is definitely going to be really interesting to compare the two years. I figure if I ever make a temperature quilt I'd want to do it for a few years for comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will indeed as Yvonne said be interesting to compare the two years. Love the turtle and saying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the high & low temperatures, and HSTs are a great way to do that! Great idea! And with the go cutter, you can have them cut already--smart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice blocks. Your quilt will be so nice. Hope you get to rest soon after all those days working. Your hexies are nice also. 💙💐🎵

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's going to be SEW interesting to see the difference - both between the two years AND between the two patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So interesting the different shapes and yeah life especially yours now takes over the quilting time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your temperature quilts are fabulous. Looking forward to seeing what other colors you'll be using as the year gets along. Love your "Turtle Sticker" at the end ... he speaks the truth! Lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.