Thursday, April 30, 2020

Common Ground Pattern Release

I am a regular pattern tester for Andrea @ 3rd Story Workshop.  She has great patterns, and I'm not just saying that because we're friends.  😊  Her Common Ground pattern was released today.  Make sure to head over this weekend as the pattern is on sale until Monday.

Earlier this week, Andrea picked up my quilt for a photo shoot.  Now my other quilts are going to be jealous.  LOL  My version includes Essex yarn-dyed cotton/line blends and Kona cotton solids.


I took some time to think about a quilting plan.  Then the pandemic was upon us.  And then in the blink of an eye, two months had passed, and I only had a few days to get it quilted.  So a quick all-over stipple in a cream thread that matched the background fabric.


There are a lot of HRTs in this pattern, but Andrea gives great guidance.  I did a blog post on whether to glue baste or pin the triangles to make the HRTs.


I'm linking up with:

Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday @ Slice of Pi Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
Brag About Your Beauties @ From Bolt to Beauty
Friday Foto Fun @ Powered by Quilting

14 comments:

  1. Wow that is eye-catching and a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautirul quilt Anja, a great advert for Andrea's pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beauty, those colours really make it sing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great quilt and what a lovely job you did! Love the thought of your quilts being jealous of the glam photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to get to pattern test for Andrea and get a quilty photoshoot, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spent a long time admiring this on Instagram last night Anja! I love it! I’m seriously considering buying the pattern, or at least giving HRTs a go soon! Are you able to tell me what size your quilt finishes at, please?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done and Andrea's pictures are wonderful, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anja, that quilt is stunning!!
    And the meander quilting lets the quilt shine!
    Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilt and I love the colours. Great photoshoot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are one lovely lady to pattern test for her and her patterns are so lovely! Her jewels book is in my house. I got it just before the library closed so it gets to live with me for a long time!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS I love the fabrics and colours you used!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jealousy is completely understood. This is a stunning quilt. Well done, Anja!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a really really cool quilt - love the geometric feel to it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.