Friday, April 10, 2020

TGIFF - Tiny Quilt Quilt Along

I have a finish!  It's only 14 inches, but it's a finish. 🙌

Last year, I participated in a QAL hosted by Teresa @ Sewn Up -- Tiny Quilt QAL.  Although I finished the 4-inch paper piecing blocks, the quilt top had a time-out in my ever-growing pile of quilt tops needing to be quilted.  I enjoyed the high contrast hand quilting class I took at QuiltCon.


I played with various thread types and colours.


I found some of the blocks/sections too small, so my stitch length was not consistent.  I thought I had basted my sandwich quilt well, but clearly I did not because I had some fabric puckering.  This was a good practice piece, and I look forward to another project.


This was one of my projects for PHD in 2020 hosted by Gail @ Quilting Gail.  I'm a little (okay a lot) behind, but I have high hopes of catching up.

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 11.47.00 AM


I am hoping to get a lot of sewing done this long four-day weekend.  Happy Easter.

I'm linking up with:

Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday @ Lisa in Port Hope
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
Brag About Your Beauties @ From Bolt to Beauty
Friday Foto Fun @ Powered by Quilting


13 comments:

  1. What a wonderful little quilt! The hand quilting really adds the perfect finish. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can call it a practice piece but it looks great to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of the term high contrast quilting before, but I love the look. The large stitches on the small blocks is really striking. I particularly like the blocks where darker colors were used for the stitching and the long white stitches in the sashing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful Anja. The hand quilting is the right choice for this mini. Those little blocks are adorable. The orange with the daisies and the sweet pink heart are so cute. The green churn dash block is the start right there in the center. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always cheated and done a bit of machine basting to stabilize projects I want to hand quilt. I think this was a great piece for practice and I look forward to seeing more hand quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty mini! Your hand quilting make it even more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! I am behind too, and we will all catch up - I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Small projects are perfect for trying new things. It will be a great momento of your class. Thanks for linking to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the hand quilting you did! I have to get cracking on my big stitch quilt and finish it. Glad you have Another one checked off your PhD!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on the hand quilting! I find it quite relaxing to sit and stitch. Thanks for sharing your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tiny Quilt with a Ton of Appeal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is really cute - and your hand quilting is so nice! Congrats on the finish (size really doesn't matter now does it?) ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.